A sustainable future requires a global perspective. ICTAS is engaged in research and education collaborations around the world, driving innovation and helping train engaged scientists and engineers.
Virginia Tech India Research and Education Forum
ICTAS and Outreach and International Affairs have spearheaded the creation of VTIREF, also known as VT, India, a nonprofit entity situated in Chennai in the state of Tamil Nadu. Research at VT, India will initially focus on multifunctional and 2-D materials, sustainable water and energy, and bioinformatics and biotechnology.
VT, India aims to be a premier institution advancing transformative research, education, and lifelong learning and promoting economic development that improves quality of life and preserves natural resources.
- Conduct cutting-edge research in select areas that build on Virginia Tech's strengths and maximize synergies with partner organizations in India
- Ensure that projects are consistent and compatible with the strategic vision of Virginia Tech
- Promote student and faculty exchanges to maximize ongoing research projects
- Reach out to leaders in industry and working professionals to help upgrade their skills, allowing for career advancement and retention
- Work toward outcomes that spawn innovation and promote industrial growth and economic development
- Maintain an emphasis on rural development